Are you ready to list your Northern Virginia home but feeling a bit leery of listing right now? Everyone is busy and the house is decorated for the holidays and you just don’t think people will buy. That thinking is actually incorrect. Believe it or not, during the holidays is a GREAT time to list (and maybe even sell) your home. Here’s why:
- Serious buyers have few houses to choose from during the holidays, and less competition means more money for you!
- People who look for a home during the holidays are more serious buyers.
- Houses show better when decorated for the holidays.
- Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your specific home. Less demand means less money for you...
- You can sell now for more money. We can certainly provide an option for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year.
- Buyers are more emotional during the holidays, so they are more likely to pay your offering price.
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays than they do during the work week.
- January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transfers can't wait until spring to buy, your house must be on the market now!
- Your house can still be on the market, but you'll have the flexibility to limit showings during the six or seven days during the holidays.
If you’re ready to take the plunge and start preparing for your NEW dream home, text me or give me a call and let’s talk about it.
Robin Butler, your friend in the real estate business.